Re: Java/Firefox craziness

On 30 August 2010 14:10, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Just some clarification and double checking.
>
> I want to use a Canadian government site with Firefox on Fedora 13.  I
> get the warning message that I need Sun JVM 1.6.0_3 or greater.  There
> is nothing in the repositories that I can see resembling Sun JVM.
> Apparently I can download and install from Sun, but I get messages that
> no new updates are being made available.

I ran into the same problem a month ago with the Canadian government
sites. I plan to file an bugzilla for this against openjdk when I have
the time.

You have 2 options,

1. Install Sun Java from Sun's website. (untested)
2. Use Windows to complete the transaction. A virtual machine would be
just perfect for this. :)

> (Irony => the site isn't working in WindowsXP  Explorer either)

Contrary to your experience I actually submitted my application on
Windows XP with firefox.

--
Suvayu