Re: SELinux

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Genes MailLists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Dan - thank you. selinux is outstanding - and through your efforts
> (and others) especially on the fedora policy files, grown over the last
> several years into something really useful.
>
>   Anti-selinux folk. It takes work to  deploy it on some systems for
> sure and I am just learning - i have a lot of work on one system to get
> it compliant. For many setups targeted policy works with no changes at all.
>
>   Please avoid the rude remarks - i.e. be excellent :)
>
>   If some of you are not using it fine. But to claim it has little or
> no security suggests nothing but enormous ignorance of security issues.
>
>  If one does not have the xxx (time, resources, ability, whatever) to
> make the effort to tune those systems which need some work fine - dont
> do it - that decision has nothing to do with security - only _your_
> choices.
>

>  To Dan, Stephen (and the NSA) and all the others - thank you for
> helping advance linux security.

I whole-heartedly concur - and indeed I have had a lot of help at
times from Dan W in particular who has so many times devoted his time
to helping people, also to Stephen S and the unseen names from NSA who
have made huge advances in security through creating and developing
selinux to the point where for the most part it is quite transparent
to most users for much of the time.

--
mike c