Re: SELinux

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 13:29 +0900, Takehiko Abe wrote:
> not necessarily appropriate for all users.  SELINUX is
> so horrible to use, that after wasting a large amount of time
> enabling it and then watching all of my applications die a
> horrible death since they didn't have the appropriate
> hand-crafted security policy, caused me to swear off of it.

You have to wonder if those programs had such big problems because they
were badly coded, trying to do things that they shouldn't do.

You see warnings with some programs about it trying to make something
executable that SELinux says shouldn't be necessary.  Suggesting that
the programmer is one those who believes that their software should be
able to do absolutely anything without any restriction.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.