Re: err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting

2010/8/29 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Joshua C. wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I needed to use wineconsole and after installing the latest available
>> packages (1.3.1-1) I got the following message when trying to start
>> wineconsole cmd:
>> err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent font, aborting
>>
>> Installing different fonts and "export LANG= en_US.UTF-8" didn't help.
>> Does anyone have any idea? trying f13 and f14 gave me the same results
>> although the current packages in f13 are v.1.2.0.
>>
> Did you install the Liberation fontset?
>
> Did you look through the Wine FAQ at http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ for an
> answer as well?
>
> James McKenzie
>
> --

Did you read my question at all before pointing to the FAQ???

Just for you information - the liberation fonts are installed by
default in fedora with the kde. And YES I used google which shows the
same problem being discussed in 2002, 2003 and 2008. That's why I
tried the export LANG=.....

So here is the question one more time, because obviously you didn't
take your time to think about an answer.

"I needed to use wineconsole and after installing the latest available
packages (1.3.1-1) I got the following message when trying to start
wineconsole cmd: err:wineconsole:WINECON_Fatal Couldn't find a decent
font, aborting