Re: Easier Dual Boot Install For Fedora 14?

On 8/29/2010 10:52 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 08/29/2010 10:10 AM, David wrote:
>

>> What Windows release? Starting with XP Windows comes with a disk
>> partitioning tool included and installed by default.
>

>  I think some may be missing the OP point.

I understood his point completely. Others jumped in to offer solutions
that required the OP to get and use software that I pointed out he
already had.

I can think of several distributions that will partition the HD but I
don't think that is wise. Or safe.

If 'you' don't know how to do it 'you' should learn how. If 'you' can't
learn how to do it 'you' should not do it.  :-)

>   They are probably asking if anaconda can make it an easy option - if
> the only partition on disk is ntfs - to shrink it to make room for
> fedora. Rather than using windows, gparted cd etc etc.
>
>   Anaconda Prompt:
>
>    You have no empty disk partitions - however your windows 7 install
> has 400 GB of free space with windows currently using 100 GB.
>
>    May I use some of that space ?
>
>    Use some of existing Windows disk space:    [y]
>

>   Amount to use - please adjust the suggested sizes to suit your needs:
>
>     Root ..... [ 15 GB ]
>     /home  ....[ 180 GB ]
>      swap  ....[ 5 GB ]

That sounds simple enough. Why don't you write up the code and offer it
as a patch?
--

  David