Re: Removing user list from login screen.

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 19:56 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:46:10 -0500, Aaron wrote:
>
> > How can you rmove the list of users that can login from login screen?
> >
> > .gconf/apps/gdm/simplegreeter/disable_user_list=true
>   ^^^^^^^
> What is this?
It is a directory present in your home directory that can be manipulated
using gconf-editor program. gconf-editor is File->System
Tools->Configuration Editor I will admit it is simple-greeter not
simplegreeter.

> > does not work neither do the other simple_greeter options.
>
> What is the exact command you used to set the disable_user_list Boolean?
You execute gconf-editor and go to simple-greeter

You run gconf-editor (or Configuration editor which allows you to
manipulate the parameters in the simple-editor (really and XML file)
Or you can go down the directory tree above and edit the XML file
directly.

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>