Re: Fedora Notifications System.

On 08/25/2010 05:54 PM, Mahmoud Abdul Jawad wrote:
<snip>

> i respect your opinions,

thank you.

> but, what is said - by you or by other users
> -  doesn't help. you are just blowing away the whole idea.

great. now you are starting to get the idea behind what i and others
are trying to get across to you.

> that's why i didn't create a plasmoid & sent it to the fedora admins.
> the idea is a desktop independent application, why? because i'm using
> d-bus which is being used be all the desktops.

it does not matter what your 'bit of wisdom' uses. if no one is for it,
nothing is needed.

not to belittle you, but just because you think it is great, it does not
mean that it is great, needed, or anyone wants it.

<snip>
>> very simple, he loses everything. why, because he was running a distrib
>> that was unaware and he did not get notified because notification did not
>> come via email.
>>
>> this to me is a big flaw in a very fine distribution.
>
> great point.

thank you. at least you are starting to see flaw.

<snip>
>> therefore, i still say, *BAD IDEA*. it gains nothing.
>
> it's not because i hate you - i don't even know your name ;) - but i'm
> going to continue this, because i think at the end we will know
> whether it will be able to solve such problems or not --not now.

it is bad to hate. hate builds prejudice and single minded thinking.

if you are one among a few, why fight and insist against many?

when the wheel rolls, why try to change it.

>> in closing, thank you for posting 'text/plain'. now your post will be
>> easier to follow and read by others who trap 'text/html'.
>>

> you are most welcome.

as are you.

in this closing, please understand this, i do respect you opinions, but
as stated, i do not see advantage of what you want to do.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.