Re: gmail Video chat for fedora?

On 25 August 2010 06:59, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/25/2010 06:23 AM, suvayu ali wrote:

>>> Hey L
>>>
>>> have a look at this[1]
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/RPM-for-Unix-HOWTO-8.html
>>>

>> Some other options:
>>
>> 1. Wait - http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/use-linux-now-you-can-video-chat-too.html
>> 2. Use pidgin
>> 3. Use empathy
>>
>> Both pidgin and empathy has supported audio/video chat for a little
>> under a year now.
>>

> How do you do it with Empathy?  I see nothing in the preferences
> relating to video.

I personally use pidgin, but the empathy FAQ on gnome.org has this,
http://live.gnome.org/Empathy/FAQ#Audio_and_Video_calls

I would presume (from my pidgin experience) to make a call, you would
probably have to right click a contact and choose whether you want to
make an audio or audio/video call.

Hope this was helpful.

--
Suvayu