Re: Fedora Notifications System.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Dj YB <yehielb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Totally agree,

[Quote]
The Reason
A large number of Fedora users don't read the Fedora wiki & websites, thus,
they miss important news, tips & notifications.
[/Quote]
Perhaps the solution should be encouragement or even a guided sign up to a
mailing list during first log-in.

[Quote]
A simple application that reads a multilanguage web feed & post a new
notification to the system using a D-Bus notifications system.
[/Quote]

now I am not an expert about D-Bus notifications system, but as far as I know
this notifications last for short duration, and there is no way to read the
history (sort of speak)
so E-Mail sounds much better.
or perhaps a desktop widget that you can remove if you don't like...

I hope those are constructive comments, I have no other intentions.
Keep up the good work and effort.

Thanks,
YB.

great point i should take into consideration.
i guess i need to create a minimal GUI to let the users read the history.
in addition, i would like to let the user choosing when to get the notifications, so, he can notice them.

--
Regards,,
Mahmoud Abdul Jawad