Re: grub menu is automatically skipped

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 07:12 +0000, JB wrote:
> Aaron Konstam <akonstam <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> > Which means to me that if you hibernate while in
> > Linux it should come back to Linux.

I actually find it useful that it does not, and I have been frustrated
by the recent change in behavior. I used to be able to hibernate, then
boot into Windows, then resume Linux from hibernation. This works
because what hibernate actually does is save the RAM state to the swap
space. As long as the contents of the swap space are not overwritten, it
is possible to resume the hibernated image. Since Windows does not use
the Linux swap space, it is theoretically possible to boot into Windows,
then resume Linux later. This used to work, but now I find that when I
have hibernated, it immediately starts booting Linux again and I am not
given the chance to choose the boot option. If anyone knows of a way to
restore the old behavior, I'd love to hear about it.

--Greg