Re: Fedora updates getting more like Windows every day

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 00:40 -0700, Brian Mury wrote:
On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 14:37 +0930, Tim wrote:
> At least, with us, you generally only have to reboot to use the update.
> You can stay on the prior one, in the meantime.  Unlike Windows, which
> often has to reboot, you can't keep on using the computer, or other
> things won't install until you reboot.

I often keep using Windows after installing updates, postponing a reboot
until it is convenient. Never had a problem (not in recent memory
anyways - with the more recent versions of Windows - 2000 through 7).

> Thankfully, I find it's few things that do require a reboot, usually
> only the kernel.

These days package-kit seems to tell me I need to reboot *most* of the
time. :-(  Yes, some those reboots may not actually *required* if I know
what needs to be restarted. Not sure which you meant...

Brian

And so linux became dumber than windows... O BOFH, where art thou...

--

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857