Re: Fedora updates getting more like Windows every day

On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 10:17 -0700, Brian Mury wrote:
> package-kit more often than not tells me I must reboot after
> installing updates. Perhaps it is being over-zealous, but I agree
> with the OP that it makes updates feel a lot like Windows.

At least, with us, you generally only have to reboot to use the update.
You can stay on the prior one, in the meantime.  Unlike Windows, which
often has to reboot, you can't keep on using the computer, or other
things won't install until you reboot.

Thankfully, I find it's few things that do require a reboot, usually
only the kernel.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686