Building Android on Fedora 13

I just went through the process of building the Android 2.1 and 2.2
userspace on Fedora 13.  Since Google revealed more questions than
answers when I ran into issues, I have written up what I did:

OpenOffice.org version:

    http://mysite.verizon.net/ian.pilcher/f13-android-howto.odt

(Verizon's brain-dead web server sets the MIME type to text/html.
Sorry.)

HTML version:

    http://mysite.verizon.net/ian.pilcher/f13-android-howto.html

(OpenOffice.org's HTML export leaves something to be desired.  Sorry
again.)

Note that this is not required if you simply want to develop normal
"apps" for Android.  You only need to do it if you want to compile
"native" applications for rooted phones (or hack on Android itself, of
course).

Hope this helps someone.  Feedback welcome!