Re: dns problem for wireless connection via NetworkManager

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 10:22 PM, JB <jb.1234abcd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> L <yuanlux <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> I check around and can't find where the old DNS nameservers were hidden
>
> Hi,
>
> [jb@localhost ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
> # Generated by NetworkManager
> domain example.com
> search example.com
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
> nameserver 1.2.3.4
> nameserver 5.6.7.8
> # NOTE: the libc resolver may not support more than 3 nameservers.
> # The nameservers listed below may not be recognized.
> nameserver 9.10.11.12
>
> JB

This file is auto generated by networkmanager. Altough I set
networkmanager to "IPv4 Settings tab -> IPv4 Settings -> choose
Automatic (DHCP)", It always picks up the old nameservers.
203.23.236.66
203.23.236.69

.this is what It generated

cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by NetworkManager
nameserver 203.23.236.66
nameserver 203.23.236.69
nameserver 192.168.1.1

I need find where the networkmanager get the dns ( of old  ISP):

> --

Linux Toys
http://linuxishbell.wordpress.com/