Re: Menu Editor

 On 08/03/2010 07:43 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> I very much suspect that you are right,
> and the command creates an xterm window -
> I created a window in another desktop with "xterm &",
> and it looks exactly the same.
>
> But if so, what determines that xterm is used, rather than konsole?

That is a very good question/mystery.  I thought that it may have been
determined by the "Preferred Applications" setting.  However, changing
it to xterm on my system and logging out/in didn't recreate your problem.

I also thought that maybe creating the menu item embedded the terminal
command in the menu file/item.  That also proved wrong....

[egreshko@f13 init.d]$ cat
/home/egreshko/.local/share/applications/misty\ -\ ssh.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=
Exec=ssh -Y 192.168.0.198
Name=misty - ssh
NoDisplay=false
Path[$e]=$HOME/
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=1
TerminalOptions=--profile Misty
Type=Application
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

So, I don't know what determines which terminal application will be used
by the menu.  I hope to have some time later in the day to explore as
this "bugging" me.  :-)

--
God is love, but get it in writing. -- Gypsy Rose Lee 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台
北市八德路四段