Re: Still no kmod for new nvidia

On 8/2/2010 5:19 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> David wrote:
> I'm glad you never had to buy a more expensive system, particularly laptops, to
> get hardware which is supported. Many others have, definitely including me.

Well...  I don't know exactly what it is that you do with these laptops.
What your needs are but here, and on other lists, I am seeing many users
running Linux on very inexpensive laptops. Netbooks even. Older hardware
too.

You must have some really intensive projects.

I don't use a laptop myself. I don't really even like them. I selected
the hardware pieces and assembled my desktop for somewhere around $2500.
Other hardware was separate.
--

  David