Re: Realtek RTL8192E drivers for F13?

  On 08/01/2010 08:13 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm booting a usb drive of F13 live on my Samsung N220 to test a
> permanent installation. It seems like to only showstopper is wireless
> with no apparent support for this chip. Is there actually support
> available with updates? At the moment I have no wired access although
> I can arrange this. If I can install and update to a working driver
> that'd work. Or is there support in some non-Red Hat repo?
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,
The rtl8192e is an unsupported driver and is placed
in the source code directory under
drivers/staging/rtl8192e/

You will have to get the source code of the kernel,
and run make xconfig and go to the staging tab
on the left hand side, and select your rtl8192e
and save.
well, ... you know the rest.