Sound Streaming Problem

     Hello,

  I have a recurring problem with sound streaming with Fedora 13 (and
earlier versions - I am having this problem for quite a while, across
different Fedora versions) on my Dell Latitude 820 laptop. This
affects equally the sound of YouTube videos and music CDs. Sometimes
it works flawlessly, sometimes there is no sound, and sometimes the
sound cycles through short intervals, like a stuck record, but with
faster repetitions.

  Occasionally, restarting the application (Firefox, Rhythmbox, etc)
helps, often it does not. Sometimes, logging out and back in helps,
sometimes it does not help. On rare occasions, changing the volume
control helps (when I'm not listening, I usually keep the volume at
zero, and it sometimes seems as if the system has not noticed that the
volume has been turned up, until I turn it up some more).

  I tried different plugins/add-ons with Firefox, and different
application to play the music CD, but it does not seem to make a
difference.

  What can I do? Thanks!

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)