Re: HELP! Installed some rawhide packages and now system will not boot!

On 30/07/10 06:22, Richard Shaw wrote:
> My plan at this point is to boot a Fedora LiveCD, mount my LVs and
> chroot to it. I'm hoping rpm and yum will work properly from a
> chroot'ed environment.
Ensure your rescuecd is of similar vintage, if not same kernel version
and for the same architecture as your installed system.

Let it get an IP address, and mount your drives.

chroot /mnt/sysimage (as it reminds you).

Then it definitely works; you are running from the in memory kernel from
the rescue cd, but every app/tool you try to access is from the
installed system, and changes affect the installed system.