Re: fedora power management not working in f13

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 12:47 +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> It is up to Fedora to make sure that any config files
> that it (she?) places in /home are properly updated
> during installation of a new distribution.

While I think it's fair to ask that Fedora 13 (and its apps) can read
the configuration left behind by Fedora 12, and update it where needed.
You can't really expect Fedora 12 (when someone is dual-booting) to be
able to handle Fedora 13 configurations.

The prior messages certainly suggest that they're dual-booting, between
releases, and not just updating.

For cases like that, I'd second the motion that you keep separate
homespaces, so the two release's configuration are independent.  Keep
your own files in just one place, and provide a link to that directory,
or directories, in the second.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686