Re: Thinkpad A22p/Improper Video on Install

On 07/27/2010 06:50 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
> JB wrote:
>> James Mckenzie<jjmckenzie51<at>  earthlink.net>  writes:
>>

>>> STOOPID question time from a long time Linux/UNIX sysadmin:
>>>
>>> How do I select the VESA video driver at the wonderful install screen?
>>>
>>> I don't readily see the ability to do this.  Maybe I'm missing something.
>>>
>>> If it's in the docs, give me a section, I can read it myself and is a 'best
>>>
>> left as an exercise for the student' :)
>>
>>> James McKenzie
>>>

>> Hi,
>> is that what you are asking about ?
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F13_bugs
>> 5 Hardware-related issues.
>> Miscellaneous graphical problems.
>> To use the vesa driver during installation, ...
>>
> JB, Rick Stevens, and 'Doc' Savage:
>
> That worked and did the 'trick'.
>
> I work on another FOSS project and want to have FC running on that laptop.
>
> BTW, my departure from this mailing list in 2005 was uncalled for and
> less than elegent.  However, there is a Wiki page with my name on it.
> For all of the assistance, I am very grateful for.

To be honest, I'm too old to remember what I had for breakfast this
morning--much less the circumstances of your departure five years ago.
Whatever they were, welcome back!

I don't blame you for having trouble finding that bit of "magic".  It
is rather buried in the install docs and elsewhere.  Those of us who've
had to use it have had it engraved on our memories (even my very flawed
one!).