Re: Blue screen of death

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Alex <mysqlstudent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Sounds like your machine started going into suspend / hibernate /
>> shutdown.
>>
>> Did you close the lid? Did you set it to suspend on lid close?
>
> It's my desktop. I have the display set to turn off after 10 minutes,
> but I don't think it was even idle for ten minutes. The rest of the
> power management doesn't work.
>
> Oh yeah, forgot to add that to the list of fundamental problems --
> power management doesn't work. Here's a few messages relating to that:
>
> powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor processors
> (5 cpu cores) (version 2.20.00)
> [Firmware Bug]: powernow-k8: No compatible ACPI _PSS objects found.
> [Firmware Bug]: powernow-k8: Try again with latest BIOS.
>
> The sixth core isn't enabled for some reason.
>
> It's a very recent board (Asus Crosshair IV) with the latest BIOS.
> Where is the best place to go for power management docs?

Well, let's see.

There are potentially so many different things going on here that,
were it me, I'd want to make sure that the machine does something sane
under some circumstance, even if it meant installing a different
operating system on a different hard drive.

"Sane," as far as I'm concerned, would mean recognizing all six cores.
 Maybe all the problems aren't Fedora.

Robert.