fc13 preupgrade failure on swap

I have been using fedora since fedora 4 with great satisfaction. I tried to do an fc12 to fc13 preupgrade. All went fine until I was running anaconda ( I believe) with the install.img. I got a pop-up that said the swap device has not been created and that " The /etc/fstab on your upgrade partition does not reference a valid swap device" When I click OK the system reboots and the upgrade fails.
 I have checked my swaps in the fc12 system and they seem OK, Top shows the swap partitions are there " I actually have three swap partition on two different drives. I checked the swaps in fstab on fc12 using findfs and they seem OK, UIIDs and /dev entries. I suspect that the upgrade partition it refers to is in the install.img.
 I have another partition with fc13, on which I used preupgrade to upgrade
from fc12 It was a very smooth procedure. That kind of rules out hard drive problems. Unless something changed.
 Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix fstab, or what the problem might be?
 Also, is there a way to undo the preupgrade attempt, so I can try again?
Any other suggestions will be welcome.