Re: libdvdcss[2]

> On 07/27/2010 01:09 AM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> > Sigh.  Too bad.
> >
> > Was there any reasoning on this, now that it has a legitimate, legal
> > use?  Was that exemption considered too narrow or is there another
> > reason?  I mean, there is software in there that can be used for illegal
> > activities, which itself is not proscribed.
> >
> > I presume that also applies to rpmfusion, then?
> >

> I am not a lawyer and these are legal questions.  Redirect to legal
> list.  DMCA is region specific FYI

Correct.  As the original author of the SSL patches to fetchmail back in
the bad old days of ITAR and EAR here in the US, I'm well aware of that
situation.  At least now the *SWAN boys accept my patches in for IPSec
stuff and what not, so things have gotten better for me, at least.

I didn't know there was a legal list.  I'll have to check that out.
Thanks!

> Rahul
> --

Mike