libdvdcss[2]

Hey all!

Does this mean that we can finally get libdvdcss/libdvdcss2 into Fedora
for real?

Apple loses big in DRM ruling: jailbreaks are "fair use"
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/07/apple-loses-big-in-drm-ruling-jailbreaks-are-fair-use.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

> This time, the Library went (comparatively) nuts, allowing widespread
> bypassing of the CSS encryption on DVDs, declaring iPhone jailbreaking
> to be "fair use," and letting consumers crack their legally purchased
> e-books in order to have them read aloud by computers.

That would seem to lift the legal cloud over the legality of the whole
decss stuff.

Regards,
Mike
--