Re: fedora13 - unable to boot

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Sriranga(77yrsold)
<withblessings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  after fixmbr using Winxp tried  to re- install fedora 13 successfully
> installation completed with direction to reboot. After removing
> DVD(fedora13) tried to reboot. But windows menu shows Winxp and ubuntu but
> not showed Fedora.

  Is this menu familiar in appearance?  More specifically, did you
previously have one GRUB menu with choices for each of Fedora, WinXP,
and Ubuntu?  If so, editing the appropriate configuration file, e.g.
/boot/grub/grub.conf after using the mount command to make the
appropriate /boot partition available, to add a stanza (or group of
lines) for Fedora may be all that is needed.  Lines which may
resemble:
 --
title Fedora (2.6.32.16-141.fc12.i686)
	root (hd0,**)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.32.16-141.fc12.i686 ro root=UUID=** noiswmd
LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us
rhgb quiet
	initrd /initramfs-2.6.32.16-141.fc12.i686.img
 --
where the fields "**" above need to be replaced with values matching
your installation.  You may wish to re-enter rescue mode and record