Re: OT: Cloud Computing is coming to ...

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 16:23 +1000, Roger wrote:
> On 07/24/2010 01:32 PM, Nathan W wrote:
> > *snip*
> >
> >>   I don't pretend to know what's coming, but I do know that
> >> when stuff is outside my house it can be priced annually, it can be
> >> arbitrarily withheld, it can be surveiled, it can be compromised by
> >> those who have direct physical access, and it is not something I really
> >> want or need. Just my honest opinion.
> >>

> > a hearty +1
> >
> Something I have an inherent distrust for.

...So does this also mean you have the same inherent distrust for that
private internal cloud? You know the one that sits inside of your house
and that you control?

The problem here is that you have co-opted the very definition of cloud
computing into something that it is not. And then based on that,
continue to criticize it. I really think the problem is that you fear a
technology that you clearly do not understand.

Many people have stated that public cloud has relatively little value
for use cases such as yours. We're all OK with that.

...But, with your current arguments, you should also be distrusting that
internet service connection you're using to get to this list.