Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:29 PM, g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> due to problems/bugs being cleared in f13, i would think parshwa would
>>> have better results with f11 to f12.
>>
>> you may think that.
>
> as said, i did see a post of problem with f11 to f13 upgrade.

ok.

> if you already have f11 installed, taking a 'normal' approach of f11
> to f12 will at least give you less chance of problems.

because i guess there is no jump of version but we are proceeding consequently.

> if all is well, run f12 updates.
>
> if all is well, then upgrade to f13 and run updates.
>
> most logical.

yes.

> for my own experience, i only upgrade just before end of life to get max
> use of a working system.
>
> then if bugs are few in latest release, i will step up with in between
> release, run updates and then straight into latest.
>
> because of what i now have installed from 'FEL', this is only practical
> procedure for my needs.

correct and i guess you might be using fedora for more than at least
two or three years so have command over basics. so for you, it might
be very easy to upgrade and run any command with the arguments.

> no. i am only computer and linux user in this household.

> i do work with clients and friends who have linux/fedora installed.

oh i see.

> as for friends and *their* families, complaints do occur mainly with
> children because they can not play their games, get emails and use
> twitter and facebook.

correct.

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia