Re: poll() returns even if there is data.

 On 07/23/2010 02:23 PM, JB wrote:
> you are repeatedly posting to a wrong group - this is Fedora.
> Please find UNIX or Linux, system or application programming, your language
> (C, C++, etc) group.
> Otherwise you are making fool of yourself.

Why would you say something like that to anyone?  gcc is included with
Fedora.  g++ is included with Fedora.  perl is included with Fedora.
php is included with Fedora.  bash is included with Fedora.

If someone posted a bash scripting question on this list would you
direct them to another list?  Would you call them a fool for asking?

If you aren't inclined, or able, to help someone with their problems
maybe it would be better to simply remain silent.  Or, if you truly
believe and know of a better place for them to ask their
questions...then politely redirecting them to that place would seem more
productive.  Insinuating that anyone is a fool for simply asking a
question it quite unfriendly.

If, however, you can't resist answering queries that you find "out of
line" I find it best to visualize standing next to the person asking the
question and that person is 6ft tall, 220 lbs, with a scar on their
face, and a .45 tucked in their waistband.  If you'd say the same thing
to that person face to face...then fire away.

--
More are taken in by hope than by cunning. -- Vauvenargues 葛斯克 愛德華
/ 台北市八德路四段