f13: nvidia / nouveau / kernel 2.6.33

I have a laptop with an nvidia GeForce 9200M GS card in it. Until
recently I was running f12 and the rpmfusion rpms, without any
problems. Now I have installed  f13 and am having problems.

If i use the rpmfusion kmod rpms (or the atrmps kmdls or the binary
installation from nvidia) then i get problems when i log out or
shutdown or reboot, at least from the menu. The X server will exit and
show the last 1 or 2 lines from the boot sequence, but then nothing. I
have to press the power button to get it to shutdown.

If I use the nouveau driver, I get random lockups  -  I have basic
compositing enabled and i think it happens when kwin is trying to
reorder some windows or menus.. At this point i have to press and hold
the power button and crash the laptop.  There are already a couple of
bugzillas for this already.

Running out of things to try I installed the current f12 kernel:

rpm -ivh --oldpackage kernel-2.6.32.16-141.fc12.x86_64.rpm
rpm -Uvh --oldpackage kernel-devel-2.6.32.16-141.fc12.x86_64.rpm

I use akmods, so the new nvidia kmod was built and installed as part
of the build process. Lo and behold, this works as expected. So there
is something changed in kernel 2.6.33 which breaks the nvidia kmdl.

My question is - is there any point raising a bugzilla bug for this? I
would guess the fedora bugzilla guys would politely suggest i use
nouveau instead.

Also, If anyone has a better fix, I'd be glad to hear it.

Regards,

Chris