Re: OT: Cloud Computing is coming to ...

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> But you are still succeptible to a third party[even though the files could be crypted and apparently not seen, that might not be the case] and you can't be 100% safe.
>
> Don't get me wrong, the techonology is there to do this, but like Mr. Stallman says, then we will > be at the mercy of the "Cloud"

Antonio,

If this is a great worry to you, then you can own the clowd.

>From <www.redhat.com/f/pdf/cloud/101_whitepaper.pdf>:

  Cloud computing can take place...on-premises (private cloud)...private
  cloud infrastructures can provide many of the same benefits as a
  public cloud without the loss of control.

Obviously, there is an overhead involved in creating a private clowd, but the option is there if its benefits outweigh the costs to an organization.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer