Re: Fedora 13 installation, does not boot

On Tuesday, 20 July, 2010 @01:00 zulu, Vincent Onelli scribed:

> I couldn't not remove any thing. Grub.conf apparently is a non
> editable file

we were not advising to edit the grub.conf file.

If the kernel arguments from the boot menu are edited, they
return to 'normal' at next boot.

Another way to see the boot messages is just hit Esc once
the GUI appears (e.g. the bars 'growing' across the bottom).

>> sure they were referring to the boot menu that presents right after
>> the POST screen disappears, allowing you to choose between windows
>> and fedora. Select the 2.6.33.6-147 kernel, then hit 'a' to alter
>> the kernel parameters...

> boot menu never appeared

But then you reply:

>> Is there only 1 kernel listed in that menu, by the way?

> yes

Hmmmm... if grub's boot menu never appears, how do you know there's only 1
kernel listed in it?

If grub's boot menu never appears, how do you choose to run windows or
fedora?