Re: Who's moderating this forum?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On *Thu Jun 24 01:36:32 UTC 2010, **Joel Rees* wrote about there
> being no instructions to revert from Nvidia to Nouveau drivers:

I answered him with a link that answered his question, but he didn't
reply if that solved his issue.

Rees was answering my post.

Perhaps because there was too much
noise in the thread that was not answering the question.

I explained that I had found instructions that didn't work all over the net for installing Kmod Nvidia. The instructions that worked were on RPMFusion. So, I thought that, maybe, Fedora could provide instructions to install Nouveau, which is open source software. But that wasn't their business. Apparently, RPMFusion, which, of course, everybody hates from the bottom of their heart, had fucked up my system and it was for them to fix it.

Today, I posted my message here:

http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-users/2010-July/thread.html

and it will most probably prove my point that while Nouveau developers pretend they work really hard to get new users, installing Kmod is a one way ticket. Unless, of course, you're willing to spend a day or two trying suggestions that have never been tested such as the one I already received: yum remove, and that's it.

This is not the subject of this thread. I know, as usual, many people will disagree, but I won't post anything more on the matter.