Re: F13 on Samsung N220?

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Dave Stevens <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quoting Kwan Lowe <kwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Dave Stevens <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Does anyone have experience or a pointer to installing F13 on a
>>> Samsung N220? Nice little computer, Atom cpu, 1 gig, 250 HD, realtek
>>> wifi.
>>>
>> I installed CentOS on this netbook. I went to pendrivelinux, grabbed
>> the iso to USB tool, then created a bootable thumbdrive with the
>> CentOS boot iso. I then used the boot iso to install across the
>> network.   The Fedora approach should work similarly.
>

> Excellent! Thank you very much.
>
> Dave

I used an analogous technique on the NC10 when it first came out (with
F11 if I remember right - and it worked fine. some differences were
that I initially made a copy of partedmagic on a bootable usbkey and
partitioned the drive using that before booting a usbkey set up for
the Fedora install - with one additional difference - on booting the
boot.iso from the usbkey I elected for a hard drive install and
referred to a copy of the DVD iso that I had also added to the usbkey
with the corresponding images directory also on the key.  That way the
install did not need the network.

I am guessing that the method will be the same for the 220 and this
seems to be born out by the previous post.
--
mike c