Re: T-bird pop mail files -

On 25/06/10 13:34, Craig White wrote:
> should work if you can ping it
>
> Craig

    Also, someone suggested using "rsync" [which I asked about several
    days ago and got no response?]

    The message suggesting rsync was received in t-bird on the "new"
    computer [box9] and when I ran:

        [bobg@box9 ~]$ rsync -av  bobg@box6:/home/bobg/.thunderbird .

    The message was lost. This does a fine job of making both sets of
    mail files the same, effectively replacing the box9 files with the
    box6 mail files which was what I wanted to do in the first place.
    But now I would also like to keep the existing messages and add to
    box9 any new messages that box6 has collected.

    If that is possible it is not obvious to me from looking at the man
    page list of options.

    What option/s should I be using to copy only the differences?

    Bob