Re: Kernel boot problems or is my hard drive failing ?

Update

I cloned the original 160 GB hard drive onto a new 160 GB SSD.  The
booting problem is even worse now.   It used to take 2-6 tries to get my
laptop to boot.  Now it takes about 10.

The SMART tests from the original 160 GB drive all came back fine.  So
did all the fscks.

I've run the bios memory check and it comes back fine too.

The boot problem also occurred when I booted the ubuntu 10.4 live CD.

Any ideas ?

Thanks