Syntax for hard drive installs

This used to work, so I'm either very close or there's a bug...

- Boot an old laptop (w/o USB boot capability) using disc1 CD.
- Hold down Shift during boot to produce the ISOLINUX boot: prompt
- Enter "linux askmethod" at boot: prompt
- Choose "Hard drive"
NOTE: The second hard drive (/dev/sdb1) contains a complete rsync'd
mirror in /pub/fedora/linux/releases/13/
- Choose "/dev/sdb1" and enter "/fedora/linux/releases/13/Fedora/i386/"
for the directory holding image.

This fails. The path appends /images/install.img to the above path spec,
making it: /fedora/linux/releases/13/Fedora/i386//images/install.img

If it added "os" between the "//" it would work. The full path required
is: /fedora/linux/releases/13/Fedora/i386/os/images/install.img

IIRC in the RH300 courses we used the path to the iso/ directory. Now
anaconda seems to want the path to a fully expanded os/ directory. If I
used the path with "os" inserted, anaconda proceeds.

A few screens later anaconda DOES appear to want to use an ISO image
after all:

Missing ISO 9660 image
/!\ The installer has tried to mount image #1, but cannot find it
    on the hard drive.

    Please copy this image to the drive and click Retry. Click
    Exit to abort the installation.

Is there a work-around, or must I wait for a respin?

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL