Re: XSANE image save problem

Yup, that did it.  Thanks.  I will try to find out what happened and post that as well.  But for now, we're back in business via GIMP!

Dick

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:01:07 +0800
Dick Roark wrote:

> does anyone have the very
> probably simple solution to this problem

Well, I'm not seeing the problem, so this may not be
a solution, but you could try running gimp instead
of xsane and using the File > Create > Xsane...
menu to bring up xsane and save through gimp.

For me saving in xsane just worked fine, and saving
via gimp also works.

I'm running 64 bit Fedora 13 with these versions
of various sane packages:

libsane-hpaio-3.10.2-11.fc13.x86_64
xsane-0.997-3.fc12.x86_64
sane-backends-libs-1.0.21-2.fc13.x86_64
xsane-gimp-0.997-3.fc12.x86_64
xsane-common-0.997-3.fc12.x86_64
sane-backends-1.0.21-2.fc13.x86_64

Scanning with an HP Photosmart C5500 all-in-one.