Re: NFS

On 06/15/2010 10:06 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 06/15/2010 04:21 AM, Tim wrote:
>  > On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 13:57 -0500, Dale J. Chatham wrote:
>  >> Had the original admonishment been made in private
>  >
>  > This also comes up from time to time. It is a good thing to
>  > occasionally publicly say don't top list, so that more than one person
>  > sees the information.
>  >

> I prefer private communications - those that remind others believe it
> is a good thing - I believe they are very wrong.
>
> (1) I have seldom seen a positive flow coming from these random public
> information attempts.
>
> (2) Furthermore, the chances of genuine education via this are at best
> minimal - the signal/noise is of order 0.
>
> (3) An occasional post by the the list moderators (every 6 months to a
> year perhaps) with the subject clearly showing information about forum
> guidelines would be far better.
>
> So please keep it private - the bulk reading this list don't need
> reminders.
>
> My view ...

So anyway I guess the answer is I can not look at open files on the
server. What if I used systemtap..

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.