RE: netinst images: What's the point?

>Ok, I think I know what the point is, but there is little
>documentation for these specific files and I can't figure out how to
>get them to work correctly.
>
>The netinst image seems to be the same as the boot.iso but with
>installer.img added to it, which is exactly what I'm looking for,
>except for the fact it doesn't work.

The netinst _and_ boot.iso images are one and the same, you must be
thinking of some other comparison?

>If I boot (on a USB flash drive) the netinst image everything works
>until it looks for the repo files which I assumed it would try to find
>online or at least ask me where to find them, but it doesn't.
>
>If I boot the netinst image with "askmethod" and then specify a HTTP
>mirror then it works except that it tries to re-download install.img
>which is already on the flash drive.
>
>So the question in my subject remains: What's the point of the netinst
>image if it doesn't seem to work?

Well, I only ever use a netinst/boot/.iso image for rhel or fedora, I
don't see why it makes sense to install a new system then update it when
I can install it already updated:) Ok sometimes I use the dvd and a repo
command pointing to the updates site if I am on a slow line.

F13 has some network bugs that I encountered that seem to parallel your
experience. When I boot the netinst iso it can't find _any_ repo after
using dhcp, but can if using a static net conf, dropping to a shell
shows proper dhcp config regardless. What's silly as I used "vnc" in one
test and that allowed it to find the repos with a dynamic conf.

jlc