Re: Cool it Down Please was: Regarding Get Fedora page

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 20:33 +0000, g wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-August/msg00004.html
> >
> > "Máirín Duffy proposed[13] a few ideas for a new Fedora website design"
>
> that was for fedora 12, and i do not believe it was accepted.
>
> at least i do not recall fedora 12 looking like it and fedora 13 page looks
> nothing at all like it.

You apparently didn't pay very much attention to the design because yes,
that is the same design. We used the old website chrome (as has been
discussed publicly in multiple places, not that it seems to matter to
anyone here) rather than replace it at this time, but it is the same
design. Yes we have been trying to get this design out since before F12
came out.

> in respect and appreciation of what mairin must have gone thru in putting
> together such a lovely and beautiful web page, it would work well on a site
> like 'ladies home journal', 'business week', or some other such site.

Ladies home journal? Are you kidding me?

> her talent and ability would be wasted in a world primarily of
> 'hard nose hard tails'. ;)
>
> as much as i like what she did, if put to a vote, i would have to vote
> against it, as it does now fit with rest of fedora site.

That's why we kept the old website chrome for now. I'd like to replace
it in time for F13.

~m