Re: Correct instructions for installing NVidia proprietary driver on Fedora 13?

> To the end of the kernel line in grub I remove the "rhgb quiet" and add:
>
> nomodeset rdblacklist=nouveau
>
> Then (after adding the rpmfusion-free and non-free repos) I run:
>
> # yum -y install akmod-nvidia kmod-nvidia
>
> And finally reboot. After I get into X I run:
>
> # nvidia-settings
>
> This lets me set my resolution and second monitor options.

Yeah, that is all a part of the directions that I have been using:
http://fedorasolved.org/video-solutions/nvidia-yum-kmod

Unfortunately, RIGHT at the time that X should be starting, and a login screen
coming up, the screen goes black and after a few seconds, the monitor goes into
powersave mode and the power button changes from white to a tannish color (the
color that says that there is no signal.
So, I obviously can't get into X to do anything.  Not only that, but I can't do
"Ctrl | Alt | F2" to get into console mode...  Also, the following don't work:
Ctrl | Alt | Backspace 	Obviously, since I can't even get to X
Ctrl | Alt | Delete

My only choice is pushing the reset button...

Feel free to study the rest of this thread and see if you can figure out why it
is not working for me...

Steven P. Ulrick