Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On 05/29/2010 07:40 AM, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> My recommendation is after the designer SIG has hashed it over,
> attempt getting feedback from the intended audience, and that audience
> is the users list and then the general public.

Users list is just one among several possible places.  As you already
indicated, user communities are widely dispersed.  Some changes have
already been made based on the feedback here.

> === Off topic:
>
> My personal view is that torrents should be the first option
> presented, and direct downloads from http or ftp should be moved to a
> secondary page.

That wouldn't work for several reasons including the fact that torrents
are blocked in many places.

> === Off topic3:
>
> torrent download should be integrated into the update system (yum)
> with a fallback for when torrents fail -- if torrents are blocked by
> corporate firewalls for instance.

Torrents work for large files being shared by many people.  It wouldn't
really work well enough for smaller packages which tend to the norm for
updates especially since that deltarpm support has become default.

Rahul