Re: Replying to digest with threading (was: Re: Regarding Get Fedora page)

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 12:48 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 16:22 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> > if you visit your list configuration page¹ and set the 'Get MIME or
> > Plain Text Digests' to MIME, the digest you receive should have
> > individual messages which you can reply to.  The in-reply-to and
> > references headers should be kept intact that way.
>
> I don't really want to get digests to test this, but I wonder which
> clients actually support replying to portions of a digest?
>
> To be honest, I think that anybody who has trouble dealing with the
> downloading the volume of mail from this list, should probably try a
> usenet gateway, instead (e.g. gmane).

Or use IMAP and only download what they want to read, or use a decent
webmail client (not Yahoo :-). To my mind, digests are a kludge for a
problem that no longer exists for most people, to wit having only
occasional net access over slow lines.

Gmane also seems to have difficulty with proper reply threading, but
maybe I'm out of date on that one.

poc