Re: modprobe.conf?

On 05/27/2010 10:54 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:

> I did a local F13 install from the DVD (not enabling any external repos), then
> used NetworkManager to set eth0 to connect automatically (right-clicking on the
> NetworkManager applet, Edit Connections..., etc.)  At this point, I still had no
> /etc/modprobe.conf file.  It was only after using s-c-n to change my network
> settings that the file appeared.  The bug seems 100% reproducible by any type of
> network editing with s-c-n.
>
> If you install again, see if you can match up the time on the file with
> something in /var/log/yum.log, or if it happens after all packages are installed.

Got me to thinking.  So I looked at my F13 test system, and sure enough,
I had an empty /etc/modprobe.conf file.  I can't remember if I ran
system-config-network or not on May 9th at 23:04, but I *do* remember
disabling NetworkManager and re-enabling the network service at some
point.  (I got sick and tired of not being able to login to the system
remotely unless I was also logged in at the console!  Stupid idea!)

I'm going to delete it and then reboot the system (its a kernel behind
anyways....) and see if the file returns.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx