Re: fedora 13 "Invalid or unsupported executable format"

On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:37:29 -0400
Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> > title Fedora 13 install
> >          root (hd0,5)
> >          kernel /boot/F13vmlinuz ro
>
> This is a rather "bare" kernel line.  Compare it to the kernel line from
> F12 above.  You probably need to specify at *least* the root= part as
> well for the kernel to find the correct root partition to use when you
> boot.  It even shows you this in the example in the comment above that.

I don't think so, I do hard disk installs from the DVD image all the
time, and that's basically the same thing I do and it works fine.
I usually put the vmlinuz and initrd.img files in a f13/ subdir
rather than renaming them with an f13 prefix, but I don't know why
that would matter. The only kernel option I generally provide
is something like:

   repo=hd:LABEL=CALIBAN:/install-iso/fedora/x86_64/Fedora-13-x86_64-DVD

so I don't have to tell anaconda manually where the hard disk image
is located.

That error sounds more like the vmlinuz image is corrupted. You
could try running "file" to ask what it is (I think it should be
an ELF executable?)