Re: graphics card on fire

On 05/27/2010 08:58 AM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 05/27/2010 07:51 AM, Philip Heron wrote:
>
>> Of course this wouldn't have happened if the fan hadn't
>> failed, but still makes me wonder why there was such a different between
>> Windows and Fedora?
>>
> I don't believe that the Free drivers feature any power management
> functions of NVidia hardware, currently.

There was a problem about a month ago with Nvidia proprietary drivers
that forced the fans to slow down too much and did just that. Fried gpu.

Nvidia stopped the release of the driver and all is well again.

I have a 9400 gt on my machine and I have no problems with 195.36 drivers

Cranked to  700 on gpu speed and at load hits between 50C to 57C.
Well within operating temps.

Make sure your drivers are 195.36