Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

Hi�M��

2010/5/27 M��Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:41 -0300, Andre Costa wrote:

> Ok, that's better. Still, I would suggest to make it a little more
> explicit. You see, when I didn't find the link to the torrents right
> away, my first reaction was to CTRL+F for "torrent".

I talked to the folks in #fedora on IRC for a while yesterday and I
agree this is a good approach. It seems torrent is the most popular
alternative method based both on the survey and the complaints we've
received, so I'm going to change the patch before I commit it to say:

"We offer several alternative Fedora download methods for advanced
users, including torrents:"

> I am ok with the main focus being set towards newbies, but I believe
> "old timers" should receive some love as well ;-)

Old timers as polite as you certainly deserve it :)

Thks =)��I just tried to bring the focus back to the problem itself, I guess there's too much "I'm right, you're wrong" flying around (from both sides, I must say).
> As I said above, it's an improvement, but IMHO something like a
> "Advanced User? Click here for torrent, jigdo etc." link closer to the
> default option (the big blue "Download Now!" button) would be more
> helpful and would not distract newbies.

It looks like I have support for the patch from the websites team, so I
just pushed it with the change you suggested above. It might take a
couple of hours to show up.
Nice =) ... I know the change has already ben committed, and I don't wanna push my luck here, but any chance this gets positioned closer to the main (default) download options (eg. to the right of it, or right below it, or even among the "Other options" links)? This would hopefully make the CTRL+F unnecessary ;-)

Thanks for the polite and reasoned feedback, it really makes a
difference :)

Thks for listening =)

Regards,

Andre