Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 09:41 -0300, Andre Costa wrote:

> Ok, that's better. Still, I would suggest to make it a little more
> explicit. You see, when I didn't find the link to the torrents right
> away, my first reaction was to CTRL+F for "torrent".

I talked to the folks in #fedora on IRC for a while yesterday and I
agree this is a good approach. It seems torrent is the most popular
alternative method based both on the survey and the complaints we've
received, so I'm going to change the patch before I commit it to say:

"We offer several alternative Fedora download methods for advanced
users, including torrents:"

> I am ok with the main focus being set towards newbies, but I believe
> "old timers" should receive some love as well ;-)

Old timers as polite as you certainly deserve it :)

> As I said above, it's an improvement, but IMHO something like a
> "Advanced User? Click here for torrent, jigdo etc." link closer to the
> default option (the big blue "Download Now!" button) would be more
> helpful and would not distract newbies.

It looks like I have support for the patch from the websites team, so I
just pushed it with the change you suggested above. It might take a
couple of hours to show up.

Thanks for the polite and reasoned feedback, it really makes a
difference :)

~m