Re: root password prompts

On 05/27/2010 02:42 PM, Mike McCarty wrote:
> I'm aware of that information.
>
> Well, it seems that I was not clear enough in my statement.

There is no lack of clarity.   When people refer to sudo remembering
passwords, they are certainly referring to the functionality and not the
implementation details (which most people don't know and dont want to
know).  While you might argue that the terminology is incorrect and you
are technically right,  I don't see much of a gain in being nit picky
about it.  If you think you can expoud on the implementation details and
get everyone to use a different terminology, I am afraid you are going
to end up being very frustrated.   The boat has sailed on that long back.

Rahul